So I got a brewing related Christmas Gift... now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not one for treading too far off the beaten brewing path, but to family and friends who might go way out on a limb and try my (cough) "exotic" pale ales, I'm way out there...

They all encourage me, which is cool, but this year I have encouragement unlike I've had before... My mother in law of all people came through with a 34oz bottle of Bekemeier's Sorghum Molasses for me. She got two bottles for baking and figured since she'd never use both for cookies and the like, that I'd be able to create an award winning concoction with this sticky stuff.

All the searches have turned up that it's going to be a small additive to any brew. I guess the flavor is pretty powerful. I brew 10 gallon batches, so I'd hate to blow through a ton of cash for an experiment. Any tried and true recipes out there?

Why not fun off a gallon of something else, and add it to that. Start small, you can always add more. If you like the character you can scale up to a bigger batch. Never used it, so I won't try to suggest what to add it to or how much to use.

Back