So amped up!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivepointslow

Reaction score
I "built" a recipe to clone boulevard brewing dark truth stout. They gave me a list of ingredients with percentages. However there were a few grains I couldn't find so I substituted. anyways I brewed on 26 dec and today was the 7th day in bottles. Still has a little aging to go but holy crap this tastes great!!! It's my best beer yet. I got 38 bottles left... Better go brew more.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423877469.188325.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423877488.626301.jpg

Oh for sure guys. As soon as I get home today I will post everything. It needs to age some but it's down right tasty. Cool thing is it's my first stout and first attempt to bottle. Couldn't be more happy.

I like aging a ris if the original does not include bourbon oak I'm going to hit with 4 oz of oak and some bourbon

Ok here is the grain and hop bill for this tasty treat.

charlie stout.JPG

Oh and for 4-5gal need 4.14oz of priming sugar. For some odd reason beer smith said 4.14 for both 4-5gal. I bottled 39 bottles and probably could have got 40. 2 weeks of primary then 2 weeks of secondary with Nottingham added during secondary.

Back