SNPA CLONE brew day coming up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a super session, I will do this again! You guys were great, sorry no wet t-shirts

Hey it was my pleasure... I was surprised that we hovered around 20 viewers at all times, it was pretty boring, but I am glad yall enjoyed it.

Here are a few photos:

.038" crush
P1020535.JPG

PRE-boil gravity spot on at 1.036 (82%) eff.
P1020536.JPG

RWS at 4 hours
P1020537.JPG

very nice, I joined at the end but looks like all went well. Cheers! I am off to a baseball game after a long day of hanging out in the attic installing a radient barrier and then yard work and then lounging by the pool since it got to 101* today :)

P.S. tomorrow is suppose to be 105*

DAMN!! Go, relax, I will be broadcasting again in June! Thanks for joining.

that was fun to watch your brewcast. The live version I left to go to during the mash was ok, but not as fun.

next time no ipa before food.

IPA is always best before food! My next brew SHOULD be my Hugh Heffe... MMM bananas!

Well, the NO CHILL container is reading 75F after about 9 hours of cooling. The starter is getting amped up... pitching will be easy to get done tomorrow at about noon!

had to work in the afternoon, but got to bounce in and out early while I was getting ready for work, very interesting to get to see your rig in action! and get to see some of the chatter while it was going on.

had to work in the afternoon, but got to bounce in and out early while I was getting ready for work, very interesting to get to see your rig in action! and get to see some of the chatter while it was going on.

Hey man, thanks for stopping in! It as a fun day, good session, and it was good having yall aboard. I think I converted my guest from HBT to electric brewing on a HERMS after he saw how simple it was.

Look, I am a little lazy, but I admit that I like to enjoy my time brewing concentrating on the details, and this system gives me the time to do so.

I love that yeast ! This is about 17 hours after pitching.

BTW Folks, notice the user name change from Lrr81765 ! Finally got off my butt and gave HBT the $ they deserve for running such a great board!

DSCN0257[1].jpg

Looking good Larry.... as always, one step ahead of me.

Mine is cooled to 66F... so I will be pitching here once I spray my funnel with Star San.

Man, after the ho splitting and the brew day yesterday, I was wrecked last night. How was your tryst last night? :D

Man, after the ho splitting and the brew day yesterday, I was wrecked last night.

Well, I didn't get tot split any ho's but I think I had about 2 gals of beer yesterday:drunk:. Today, not so fast ! Maybe 2 gal of COFFEE ! :D

And don't start telling me about your coffee - I'm jealous.

Well, I didn't get tot split any ho's but I think I had about 2 gals of beer yesterday:drunk:. Today, not so fast ! Maybe 2 gal of COFFEE ! :D

And don't start telling me about your coffee - I'm jealous.

Yah... um I was splitting ho's all day long! Man I ache!

Too funny, wow... I am drinking my own special roast by the way this morning to wake up. :D

When you stop in this coming weekend, let me know and you can take some samples with you! Coffee, beer... anything you like. Oh, and your ho's are in the freezer, you can take them too.

Tried to watch but for some reason I could not get audio/video on any of the feeds on that site. I like this idea though...I'll see if I can rig something similar up one day.

Tried to watch but for some reason I could not get audio/video on any of the feeds on that site. I like this idea though...I'll see if I can rig something similar up one day.

I KNOW that is really a pain that you couldnt join in. I will be running another webcast in a few weeks, probably doing my Hugh Heffe.

That was probably innapropriate, I'm may be an ass, I apologize. Was very interesting watching though, please don't ban me from future events? :(

I am not banning anyone... it was all in good fun. Now hitting on 8 yr old girls walking by, I dunno! :D

Okay, I just pitched, the starter was really active, the fermentor was down to 66F. 18 hours after "current off" the yeasties are in and I am being smart and setting up a blow off.

I have a fridge that is controlled by a Love Controller, and a thermowell into the carboy, so it actually controls the temp of the wort, not just the ambient air.

Larry is Mr Fancy Pants... I have a freezer that has a temp. controller on it so that I can adjust it. Probably set it to 64F to achieve 66F in the fermentor.

26 hours after the end of the boil, we have fermentation! It is sitting pretty at 66F....

Thanx for sharing the webcast POL. I caught most of it. I am just getting back into things and hadn't been aware of the HERMS system at all until I watched you use it.
Definitely a sweet setup for consistency.
Something else to put on my future wish lists.
:mug:

Thanx for sharing the webcast POL. I caught most of it. I am just getting back into things and hadn't been aware of the HERMS system at all until I watched you use it.
Definitely a sweet setup for consistency.
Something else to put on my future wish lists.
:mug:

Awesome, I was glad to see so many viewers! It was a lot of fun, I will be doing another broadcast in June! So be sure to catch that. That one should be my Hugh Heffe... but I am not certain!

Larry... hows the brew coming? Did it blow off? I got called out at 3AM, so my ferment will take place in my absence this week!

Blowing like crazy! I was in my garage and thought the compressor was running on the fermenter. It kept going and going and I thought - WTF?

It was the blowoff tube in a 1/2 gal of starsan. Burrp..burp..burp... about every second!

I love this yeast.

It was nice to watch a brewday while I was working, the best of both worlds. Thanks for the broadcast. Next time I hope I have time to brew instead of just watch.

Well, into day 4 of the ferment and it is still chugging away. Plan to give it 2 weeks in the primary, then a couple in the secondary with the dry hop.

Sorta bored... thought Id add this note.

After about 8 days... the ferment is at a crawl. Next weekend, at the 2 week mark, it will be transferred to the secondary with the dry hop addition for a week.

I just moved my blowoff to a airlock so I could see it. It is still perking, but not much.

I'll follow your lead on this (same process I do anyway) - next Saturday (5/30) I'll move it to a secondary and dry hop.

My secondary is a brite tank made from a keg that has seen better days with a shortened dip tube.

Cool cool... yah next weekend it gets dry hopped and I am then heading on a week long camping trip!

This lovely beer has been moved to my secondary and dry hoppped...
FG: 1.014
ABV 5.08%,
Apparent Attenuation: 72%
Calories - really ? what kind of person would look at that ???

and did I mention taaaassssstttttyyyyy :) This has a very close profile to the SNPA that you get at the store.

I have a couple photos to add... but here are some details

MEASURED FG is 1.010
Actual FG is ????
Hydrometer in Distilled Water is reading .996!

Conclusion, need a refractometer... dammit. Ordering today.

Actual FG reading, assumed, anywhere between 1.012 and 1.014

Hyrdo sample... AWESOME!!

Dry hopped with .75oz of PELLET Cascade. It will sit like this for a week at 70F.

P1020563.JPG

P1020564.JPG

P1020567.JPG

P1020565.JPG

I JUST switched over to an off brand OxyClean in place of PBW. I put about 6 gallons of 190F solution in my fermentor (2 scoops of Oxy) and within one hour the nasty krausen ring is gone. Awesome stuff.

Back