Snow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 46F yesterday, but felt like 50 or more. Seafoamed my intake to try to pass e-check today. Rained earlier, supposed to be dry & 50 later.

I'll trade you. You can have our 85mph straight line winds, hail storms, and tornados and I'll take your snow.

We've had gale force wind storms here a few times in the past few weeks and trees down everywhere.

Damn branch fell out of a tree and broke the star off my Benz.

So in other words they just do what Hillary(?) did on the Fresh Prince of Bel-air and watch the weather forcasts from a couple timezones east so that you know how it is going to be in 4 hours?

TV weather people rarely have any background in science at all...they typically have some type of broadcast or entertainment background/education.

Still snowing here. Some has melted but still a foot deep in the woods .Nice to see some patches of bare ground here and there :D

Most of my snow is now gone except for the now 5' piles. Perhaps by May they will be gone! The good news is that the pool is thawing. HOORAY!

Perhaps this fellow will help all to forget about snow, and concentrate on summer.

Snow Shoveling Fairy.jpg

Lots and lots of rain today and none of it needs to be shoveled. Ahhhh, it's finally spring.

Had a bit of a blow last night. Some wicked thunder and pouring rain and plenty of wind.

Today it's spitting some snow and rain. But the temps are promising to go back up tomorrow, so it's all good, baby!

Six inches of snow last night. Bright sun right now and 47°F. It is melting. Sump pump is telling me there is much needed water going deep into the soil.

During the heating season, I turn on the furnace blower to run continuously. We have an old 2600+ft2 two-story house, and moving the air around heats it more evenly. But the end of April is approaching...which is when I like to turn the blower off of continuous, and only come on if the house needs heat. Then, it will be really quiet in this house!!!

glenn514

We had our first full day of 60+ yesterday and subsequently, I had my first all-grain brew day outside on my new equipment. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I've been outside for that duration in nearly 6 months. Today looks like it is even nicer out, although if I had the choice I would take yesterdays weather year-round.

The neighbors still have snow in areas because they get no sunlight. My Northern Brewer hops are usually one of the first things to sprout in my yard. I leaf blew the yard over the weekend and noticed they hadn't come up yet. They're kind of in a raise bed rock wall for convenience of maintenance. I wonder if the long extent of unusually cold temps killed them. Then again, things are just starting to sprout.

Just mowed the grass for the second time.Daffodils are about done ,but red buds, dogwoods,lilacs and crab apples are starting to bloom.Hang in there it won't be long.:eek:

Latest posts

Back