Snot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPooley4

Reaction score
Just finished up a great brewday. Everything went as planned, however, as I was transferring from the kettle to fermenter a small drip of snot fell into my stainless steel strainer as beer was going through it. It's f'in cold up here in Wisconsin right now. Didn't even realize I had a runny nose.

Anyone else have some funny/unfortunate stories with their brewing lately?

I'm not too worried as it was a very small amount and the yeast should take care of everything.

However, this is a honey blonde that will have the color of snot. Who knows, maybe I'll have to include this little mishap in the name somehow.

I chill my wort in an ice bath in my sink. Once without even realizing it, a bottle of dish soap fell into my wort as it was cooling. I could have pitched it, but I just drank it anyway. Came out just fine except for the slight hint of green apple!

/note to self: no beer swaps with CPooley4.

Ha! I wouldn't send it to anyone. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it got in the beer or not. Was near the end of my transfer and my stainless steel strainer was quite full of hop trub. Probably just sunk in there.

I've got some good beer to swap Yooper. Don't be so quick to stop yourself from such great pleasure :)

It'll probably end up being my best/favorite beer to date. Just because of this of course.

Ha! I wouldn't send it to anyone. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it got in the beer or not. Was near the end of my transfer and my stainless steel strainer was quite full of hop trub. Probably just sunk in there.

I've got some good beer to swap Yooper. Don't be so quick to stop yourself from such great pleasure :)

It'll probably end up being my best/favorite beer to date. Just because of this of course.

Now you're backpedaling.

Better hurry and buy your subscription to delete this post ;)
:mug:

No need to delete.

I'm actually looking forward to having a few of my friends give this one a try. After they are done and assuming they like it I'll let them know the secret ingredient :)

Happend to me once during allergy season last spring. I was chilling and it had just dropped below 100 deg. F and suddenly the Snotty Cream Ale was born. This is from my notes:

20100617: OMFG this is good. Can't taste the snot at all!

No, I wouldn't do it again intentionally ;)

No need to delete.

I'm actually looking forward to having a few of my friends give this one a try. After they are done and assuming they like it I'll let them know the secret ingredient :)

Classic.

I definitely won't be swapping with you now.

The questions is... what would you call this brew? IPA... India Proboscis Ail? DunkelSnotten? ESnotB? Or a Pilsnot?

B

You should submit this idea to Dogfish Head! Sam Calagione always seems to go for some gross out factor in that Brew Masters show: insisting to make Chicha with human spit. Snot beer should compliment it! :mug:

I want to come up with something that has snot in it, but is somewhat subtle. What name could I come up with that would have the initials S.N.O.T.?

Back