Smoked prime rib

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading through a number of threads... you've got my mouth watering and my interest piqued.

For someone entirely new to smoking... any advice re what smoker to get? I have a typical propane grill and it is rusted out/ready to be replaced. Is there such a thing as a combo grill and smoker?

I’ve been grilling/smoking/BBQ’ing all my life. I’ve gone through countless grills & smokers. I only own one now, it does everything and has a lifetime warranty so I’ll never need another one. The XL Big Green Egg. I do briskets, pork shoulders, ribs, chicken, hamburgers, meatloaf, rib roasts, brats, steaks, pork chops, bread, cookies, pretzels and whatever else I can think of. It can do it all. Works especially well if you use it year round like I do in a cold climate, performs great in a snowstorm/cold/whatever which is a big reason I went ceramic!
image.jpg

Last edited:
@YeastFeast Nice table!

I've been thinking about building one mostly of wood for my Big Joe and Joe Jr, but hadn't considered using paving stones. Looks pretty slick!

Thanks!
Super easy, paver stones and landscape glue! Made some simple forms from melamine board & mixed up quikrete countertop mix for the tabletop and shelves. Considered quarts or granite but poured concrete was a fraction of the price!

I have seen many aftermarket custom builds, mostly using Weber Kettles, but other grills / smokers too. While they are all stunning in appearance, they have a price tag ($$$) to match the looks.

Back