Small, easy frig/freeer for 2.5-3 g. kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
I posted a similar question in the general forum but folks recommended that I post here instead.

I'm interested in building a 2.5 or 3 g. kegerator out of a mini fridge or freezer. Does anyone have a recommendation for the smallest mini fridge or freezer for this with no or limited modification needed to the fridge. Inexpensive would be great too.

Any ideas, plans, good deals on taps, etc. appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

I posted a similar question in the general forum but folks recommended that I post here instead.

I'm interested in building a 2.5 or 3 g. kegerator out of a mini fridge or freezer. Does anyone have a recommendation for the smallest mini fridge or freezer for this with no or limited modification needed to the fridge. Inexpensive would be great too.

Any ideas, plans, good deals on taps, etc. appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

Be sure the condenser is located on the back wall of the fridge. Some have it on the top and you can't bore a hole thought the top with that thing in the way to run your lines. I keep my co2 cylinder on the inside with my keg. No reason you can't have it on the outside though. I bought my draft tower at Williamsbrewing.com. It came with install directions. You'll need a hole saw that mounts on your drill to open up the top of the fridge for the draft tower to anchor too.
You're going to love it. I promise.

Latest posts

Back