Saison "Slovenian Saison" (Styrian Golding Aurora+Celeia)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klinus

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
White Labs WLP566 Belgian Saison Yeast II
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
19 days @ roomtemp, around 70F
Tasting Notes
citrus, a little fruit, nice belgian yeast funk,
Hey guys!
(I posted this in the wrong place a couple of weeks ago, sorry for that. But I wanted it in my dropdown so I'm adding it here, hope it's ok)

I've just been brewing since january, and this is just the third batch I ever made, but it just turned out so damn good I'm shocked, and I wanted to share it with someone! :tank:

I was browsing for ingredients and found these slovenian hops that I'd never heard of, Celeia & Aurora, and that where really cheap, so I decided to try them! They're apparently a sort of Styrian Golding, sometimes called Super Styrians.

This is what I did:

(Sorry for this being such a small batch, I only brewed 5 liter batches (1,3 gal) in the beginning, so I didn't had to pour out too much if I ****ed up)

Malt:
1 kg (2.2lb) Belgian Pilsner malt 59.5%
0.5 kg (1.1lb) Carapale 29.7%
0.1(0.1lb) kg flaked oats 5.4%
0.1(0.1lb) kg table sugar 5.4%

Hops:
5g (0.17oz) Aurora @60 min
7g (0.24oz) Celeia @15 min
7g (0.24oz) Celeia @5 min

(sorry, hope i wrote the us units right, looks so weird with so small amounts).

Yeast: White Labs WLP566 Belgian Saison Yeast II

OG: 10.066
FG: 10.012
ABV: 7%
IBU: 29

I tried a bottle after 14 days, and it was good, but it had a weird little sting in the aftertaste, almost like chili, so I let it be for two more weeks.

And now, I cant believe how good it is. Golden colored, small citrus from the celeia (I guess), very easy to drink, and that typical belgian style yeast flavor is sweet and fruity.
The 7% Alcohol doesnt taste at all! It feels like the perfect blonde summer ale, gonna do a new bigger batch right now so it will be ready for summer!

Just thought I'd share, it was a super easy and awesome recipe! :mug:

195077d1398266359-slovenian-saison-first-own-recipe-saison_x.jpg

Hey guys!
(I posted this in the wrong place a couple of weeks ago, sorry for that. But I wanted it in my dropdown so I'm adding it here, hope it's ok)

I've just been brewing since january, and this is just the third batch I ever made, but it just turned out so damn good I'm shocked, and I wanted to share it with someone! :tank:

I was browsing for ingredients and found these slovenian hops that I'd never heard of, Celeia & Aurora, and that where really cheap, so I decided to try them! They're apparently a sort of Styrian Golding, sometimes called Super Styrians.

This is what I did:

(Sorry for this being such a small batch, I only brewed 5 liter batches (1,3 gal) in the beginning, so I didn't had to pour out too much if I ****ed up)

Malt:
1 kg (2.2lb) Belgian Pilsner malt 59.5%
0.5 kg (1.1lb) Carapale 29.7%
0.1(0.1lb) kg flaked oats 5.4%
0.1(0.1lb) kg table sugar 5.4%

Hops:
5g (0.17oz) Aurora @60 min
7g (0.24oz) Celeia @15 min
7g (0.24oz) Celeia @5 min

(sorry, hope i wrote the us units right, looks so weird with so small amounts).

Yeast: White Labs WLP566 Belgian Saison Yeast II

OG: 10.066
FG: 10.012
ABV: 7%
IBU: 29

I tried a bottle after 14 days, and it was good, but it had a weird little sting in the aftertaste, almost like chili, so I let it be for two more weeks.

And now, I cant believe how good it is. Golden colored, small citrus from the celeia (I guess), very easy to drink, and that typical belgian style yeast flavor is sweet and fruity.
The 7% Alcohol doesnt taste at all! It feels like the perfect blonde summer ale, gonna do a new bigger batch right now so it will be ready for summer!

Just thought I'd share, it was a super easy and awesome recipe! :mug:

195077d1398266359-slovenian-saison-first-own-recipe-saison_x.jpg

Looks good! Recipe looks nice. I'm going to try this hop profile soon I think on my saison. That glass is awesome! Where did you find that glassware at?

Looks good! Recipe looks nice. I'm going to try this hop profile soon I think on my saison. That glass is awesome! Where did you find that glassware at?

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this! Sorry to say, that photo was taken in a rented vacation house up in the swedish mountains, so I have no idea where the glass came from! :(

let me know if you tried the hop profile! :mug:

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this! Sorry to say, that photo was taken in a rented vacation house up in the swedish mountains, so I have no idea where the glass came from! :(

let me know if you tried the hop profile! :mug:

Vacationing in the Swiss Alps with my home brew Saison - - Priceless :mug:

Latest posts

Back