Single hop/hoppy farmhouse recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrub0bk

Reaction score
I'm trying my hand at a nice hoppy farmhouse style beer, utilizing 1 hop to see how it goes with the style. First one i'm gonna try is Cascade since i have a ton of that on hand and can afford to play with it. This will be the first time i've try WLP670, which i hear has some funk aspects to it so i'm looking forward to that.

Heres what i've come up with so far:
STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.058
Final Gravity: 1.012
ABV (standard): 5.97%
IBU (tinseth): 8.53
SRM (morey): 4.18

FERMENTABLES:
4.5 lb - American - Pale 2-Row (62.1%)
1.5 lb - American - White Wheat (20.7%)
0.5 lb - American - Rye (6.9%)
0.75 lb - Flaked Oats (10.3%)

HOPS:
1 oz - Cascade, Type: Pellet, AA: 7, Use: Boil for 5 min, IBU: 8.53
2 oz - Cascade, Type: Pellet, AA: 7, Use: Dry Hop for 6 days

MASH GUIDELINES:
1) Temp: 150 F, Time: 60 min

YEAST:
White Labs - American Farmhouse Blend WLP670

I was thinking of possibly upping the Rye, but not sure what that would add subtract to this style.

Any ideas on where i could go? If i had to guess on something i was shooting for style wise, it would be something like Hill Farmsteads Dorothy.

thanks all

For what its worth, I recently made a very hoppy Rye Saison thats definitely my favorite saison so far. The spicyness of the Rye really gels with the Saison yeast pepperyness
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/no-rye-more-reason-saison-507755/

I dry hopped mine. Also, I would definitely up the Rye. As it is, I don;t think it'd even be detectable. I like Flaked Rye because it gives you more Rye character per pound so you dont end up with a gooey mess from too much Rye. The Rye gives the beer a great body for how dry it is. It turns out really well

Drop flaked oats. Should be very dry finish. End of boil add 2 oz spice mix. 40% lemon peel, 20% each coriander, black pepper seeds and ginger root. With 3711 it should have a FG less than 1.005. Ferment at 76 degrees F.

Back