Simple Little Heat Shield

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWEYWACKER

Reaction score
Got my new sight glass from homebrewhardware the other day. After looking at several other threads, I decided it would be advantageous to get a heat shield for it. Went to home depot and designed this little bad boy for CHEAP. Whole bag of brackets for about 3 bucks. Aluminum flashing for 4 dollars. I know stainless would have been the preferred route, but hey, it works.

075.jpg

077.jpg

079.jpg

Looks very good. I did the same thing using wire and attaching by twisting the wire, very easy to remove or adjust but doesn't look as cool.

My sight glass is open at the top, so all I have to do is lift it up and over. That bracket fits snugly in that curve, so it actually "grips" itself in and becomes sturdy once its down. Even if my sight glass was connected at the top, if you leave one side of the bracket unbolted, it easily opens up and doesn't really warp.

Back