Simple Excel Calculator for small batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylpik

Reaction score
Here is a simple excel spread I use to calculate everything I need for my set up. I also use beersmith, but sometimes once I have a recipe made its easier to use this for the process. I do small 3G batches with only a single mashout. Normally i add the water to my cooler and slowly introduce the grain while stirring.

It doesn't account for colour. This keeps is simple, plus chances are it will be the colour you're looking for as long as a recipe is followed. This sheet helps to keep track while mashing, hopping and bottle priming. Let me know if there are any errors that need correcting.

https://files.fm/u/8fzk2a9m#_

upload_2018-3-16_19-2-7.png

upload_2018-3-16_19-2-34.png

UPDATE... drag the cell C9 to B9 so the formula matches the others. for some reason B9 was saved wrong and will give much higher IBUs. The formula should be

=((B7*B8)*(1.65*0.000125^(((($B$4/1000)+1))-1))*(1-EXP(-0.04*(B9)))/4.15*(75/$D$4))

Back