Simcoe in stock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeRoBrew1 said:
Wow I can't believe I slept through this one. I HATE missing out on hops. PLEASE let me know if anyone finds Simcoe pellets by the pound anywhere. I would take 1-3lbs. Thanks!!!

Northern brewer has them for $18.99. W/$7.99 flat rate shipping. Mine are coming 2 day saturday delivery... Love NB!

Fresh Hops is showing 2011 Simcoe leaf (limit 16 oz) for $2.30 per oz or $36.80 per lb which is pricey but available...

Fresh Hops is showing 2011 Simcoe leaf (limit 16 oz) for $2.30 per oz or $36.80 per lb which is pricey but available...

Wow. I've noticed it on their site over the last couple weeks at $1.60/oz i think. I just looked again this morning to see if they still had it and it was not listed at all. Now it's back at $2.30. Yikes!

Wow. I've noticed it on their site over the last couple weeks at $1.60/oz i think. I just looked again this morning to see if they still had it and it was not listed at all. Now it's back at $2.30. Yikes!

Supply $ Demand...

Brewtensil's shipping starts out at $12.28, bit pricey.

Anyone know if their hops are from the 2011 crop?

Brewtensil's emailed me back:

Hey Alex, Yes sir they are from the 2011 crop, as the 2010 supply dried up
in early 2011.

I think northernbrewer's low shipping rate makes them the best deal, so I'll wait for their pellets to be available in January.

I received 7 pounds of hops from these guys!

Quick question, are the hopunion bags resealable with a vacuum sealer or so I need to get new bags?

I'd like to know before I open up the 1 pound bags.

I couldn't get my hop union bags to vacuum in my sealer. I think it needs the bumpy side of the plastic to work right. Mine does anyway.

PoppinCaps said:
I couldn't get my hop union bags to vacuum in my sealer. I think it needs the bumpy side of the plastic to work right. Mine does anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was at walmart and managed to snag some rolls for cutting custom bags.

Back