simcoe fans get it while it's good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastoak

Reaction score
rebel brewer has simcoe hops in stock for $2.79 an oz. (pricey?) considering simcoe is sold out everywhere i've looked and where it's not sold out they are limiting purchases to 4-5 oz per order, i bought a pound. i hope somebody lets me know of a cheaper source so i can buy another.

Vancouver and BC residents can get Simcoe at Dan's Brewing Supplies on Hastings. They had whole hops only at $2.50 (CDN) per ounce.

I can't remember if they ship or not. Check 'em out on the interwebs.

Any idea why FreshHops.com thinks 8oz is .72lbs? Are they really this bad at math or are the 1oz packages really more like 1.5oz? If not $43 for 2 pounds of hops plus shipping is a terrible deal.

Any idea why FreshHops.com thinks 8oz is .72lbs? Are they really this bad at math or are the 1oz packages really more like 1.5oz? If not $43 for 2 pounds of hops plus shipping is a terrible deal.

Just a guess, but I'm sure this includes the plastic wrapping, the correct size box, etc etc.. In other words "Total shipping weight." Or at least an estimate of total shipping weight.

which farm has the proprietary rights to Simcoe? i obviously need to run a covert operation to sneak onto their property and steal some rhizomes.

Just a guess, but I'm sure this includes the plastic wrapping, the correct size box, etc etc.. In other words "Total shipping weight." Or at least an estimate of total shipping weight.

Yeah and they're charging and EXTRA $13 shipping and handling on top of their 50% packaging markup. 2 pounds of hops came out to $54.80 shipped to Ohio which might amount to the worst deal on earth for hops. No thanks.

I love Simcoe hops, but I'm more patient than this... One of these days they will be a decent price.

I love Simcoe hops, but I'm more patient than this... One of these days they will be a decent price.

I wouldn't get your hopes up so much. Hop acreage is still scarce, hop farming isn't really a lucrative business, and most farmers are concentrating on neutral high alpha varieties with their limited space.

Maybe a suitable replacement will come one of these days, but I'd expect to pay premiums for the Simcoe cultivar for the time being.

Latest posts

Back