• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Siebel Sensory Training Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
http://www.siebelinstitute.com/sensory_kit/

Acetaldehyde – Acetic - Almond - Butyric – Diacetyl - D.M.S. - Earthy – Mercaptan - Ethyl acetate - Ethyl hexanoate – Spicy - Metallic - Geraniol – Indole - Isoamyl acetate - Grainy – Isovaleric - Lactic - Caprylic – Papery - Vanilla - Bitter – Infection - Hefeweizen

Vials get added to a liter of BMC and supply enough for at least 20 tasters. The WHALES club bought two kits figuring on 40 or so tasters but we were able to get about 35 pours off one kit. We now have an extra kit.

The original price from Siebel is $180 plus overnight shipping ($65 for two kits). We'll sell this one for $140 plus whatever shipping costs. I'd recommend Northeast shipping as we can get away with priority USPS and you'll have it in a day.

PM me.

GREAT KIT....being a member of the WHALES it was a great experience!! MUST HAVE!!

Bobby, some of the guys at BA expressed interest in getting one for training of the guys....maybe they will buy it or do a trade for supplies for the club? Just a thought?

We used the same kit in Raleigh for our homebrew club (CARBOY). Not only was it a great experience, but it helped us dial in our tasting skills.

Everyone's perception of a certain flavor is different, so this kit really helps you get on the same page with the people you brew with.

Hi Bobby,

Our club here in Southern NJ may be interested. We can pick it up even since we are so close. We're meeting tonight and the topic will be raised. Will let you know the outcome ASAP.

$70.00 make it worth your while? I know it is half of what you were asking but our club is very new and we do not have much funds yet.

Oh well, bummer. Thanks anyway for the great offer. If the deal falls through, let me know and maybe we can work something else out.

Back