SideXside freezer fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAbowhunter86

Reaction score
Well let me start off by saying hi and i am a newb here but have been reading a lot and decided its time to join the group, but I have a question for all you folks,I have access to a free side x side fridge freezer and am wondering would this work and still be able to keep the freezer cold for food? Can i use the fridge side for beer or will there be to great of temp difference in the two sides? Thanks in advance for any input

If you just want to use for for beer storage, it would be just fine. There should be temp settings and separate thermostats for each side, so you can leave the freezer side pretty cold, while setting the fridge temp alittle higher.
Not sure if you were to use the fridge for fermentation with a temp controller, as I am not sure how you would wire that up to just control the fridge side.

Yeah im going to have to dig into it a little more and see if i can close off where the cold air comes into the fridge side there is two seperate controls for both sides but am going to have to figure out how to wire up a controler

You might want to just set the thermostats first, and see where that puts the temps. That will give you a baseline for fiddling, if you need to fiddle anyway.

Back