Should I use this to make a Pumpkin beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primalyeti

Reaction score
So I picked up some Club House Pumpkin Pie spice from SaveOn during the week, and it tastes damn good in coffee and in dessert, so I figured I could use it in a pumpkin beer.

Im just wondering if anyone has used it before and what kind of results it produced. Im torn between using it, or making my own mix (cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg).

And lastly, I plan on making a 2 gallon batch, is 2 teaspoons added at 5 minutes left in the boil too much?

Cheers everyone!

IMG_00000536.jpg

Try 1/2 Teaspoon at 5 mins left. in the boil. You can always throw some in at secondary if it's not enough. Harder to take it out. I would boil a little water, let cool some then add the spices, the add to secondary if it wasn't enough. Spices need to be cleaned up at that point in the process.

What are you adding for pumpkin?

Yeah, i looked it over and 2 teaspoons for two gallons is definitely too much. Good call on adding to secondary if needed.

As for the pumpkin, it would seem most people feel it isn't even necessary, that it doesn't contribute much flavor, so u was just going to go with the spices.

Should I reconsider?

Back