Should I reduce dry hops after falling short of OG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dry hopping doesn't add any bitterness or IBUs. That only comes from hops that are in your boil kettle. As such, it doesn't mater where you are at gravity-wise. Missing by 6 points isn't bad anyway.

My main concern was 8 total oz in a 1.049 beer. Who knows maybe I'll have a kickass session IPA . I just hope I get atleast down to 1.012 I've been having issues hitting my FG

I think I underestimated the hop sludge and trub . If I didn't have to top off with water I would have been dead on or atleast pretty close.

The dry hop will just give it a kick ass aroma. I wouldn't worry too much about over doing the hops. It is hard to get an IPA bitter enough (for me) if you are topping up after the boil.

I'll just throw them in there. I am starting to worry though 24 hours and no signs of fermentation . I've had longer lags but not with us05 . And I rehydrated yeast and added yeast nutrient. Better be bubbling by tomorrow morning or I'm def gonna be worried

Back