should I let beer warm before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster13

Reaction score
I have a Pilsner clone that has been lagering for about 15 weeks at 34 degrees. I want to bottle it and was wondering if I should warm the beer up before adding the priming sugar and bottling?

I have a Pilsner clone that has been lagering for about 15 weeks at 34 degrees. I want to bottle it and was wondering if I should warm the beer up before adding the priming sugar and bottling?

I would consider adding some fresh yeast at bottling, if it's been lagering for 15 weeks. It doesn't really matter if you warm up the beer or not, though. I'd probably move it to the area I was going to bottle in the night before, just because it's easiest for me and of course it would warm up a bit overnight.

I'd boil up the priming sugar and water, let it cool, and then add it to the bottling bucket. I'd add about 1/3 package of dry yeast (nottingham is a good one)and stir it up and then rack the beer into it and proceed with bottling.

Back