Should a Condition at Room Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonhope16

Reaction score
Quick question.. I fermented a porter for 3 weeks, then I transferred to a keg and moved to 35degrees to carb at 11psi (for the past week or so). Now I'm wondering, should I take it out/off the gas and condition closer to 65degrees for a little? Or should I just leave it at 35 and continue to carb? TIA

I would keep it cool. Anything beneficial caused by higher temperatures, that I can think of, would have happened in the first three weeks while fermenting.

It tasted ok when I did a gravity reading, I haven't tried it since I kegged. Would I be ok trying it from the keg now, or would I lose any yeast that would have sank to the bottom.

It tasted ok when I did a gravity reading, I haven't tried it since I kegged. Would I be ok trying it from the keg now, or would I lose any yeast that would have sank to the bottom.

You don't need yeast if you already connected to CO2. And carbing at cold temps is the way I go, it will speed things up a bit.

EDIT: ok, after re-reading I think I know what you are talking about. It is fine to condition at that temp. When I am done dryhopping they go into the keezer unless I am out of space.

Back