She finally accepted the concept.. I'm free to foam now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBrewinAround

Reaction score
Long story short.. I finally got everything out of storage after our move and some of the very last boxes contained my brewing equipment. Now I was brewing some extracts long before I met my wife and I did a few while we were married but between her school, new kids, etc., I basically put the stuff away and left it. As I was unboxing the carboys and stuff, I thought, heck, I'll go up to the LHBS and pick up a kit and show my new neighbor how to brew. We did that and I used the experience to re-hone my skills a little. After i got that batch done, I decided it was time to jump into all grain. I started spending time building a brew stand, a mash tun and a liquid tank to outfit the setup. I also took our old freezer and began a keezer build. My attention to all of this began to rub her the wrong way. Well finally today I put the tap on that first batch in the new keezer and poured myself a glass of homebrew. Her first question was, "where's my glass?" I gave her a hard time aboout wanting my beer when she disapproved of the whole process. So I poured her one and then began to explain how nice it will be to craft whatever beer we want and have it on tap, two at a time, in the keezer.
I now have clearance to purchase grains and supporting material and brew at will. :tank:
Now it's time to justify that new SS brewpot..

I started brewing in '99, long before I met my wife. we've been married 6 years now & she's done nothing but support me in my only hobby. even though she's not a beer fan. it's good to hear yours is happy to have you brewing as well!:mug:

Back