Shaken Carboy Syndrome?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
So...I had a helper during a planned bottling/racking/brew day. I asked them to give a carboy a good swirl...the one I had just pitched yeast into. However, the Belgian wit I was about to bottle got swirled. A little more than gently....

So needless to say, I didn't bottle it. All the grub and yeast got stirred up. Gonna have to let it sit for a few more days.

haha reminds me of my first homebrew.. looking in the bottle, oh crap looks like this crapy homebrew beer is separating!! i better shake this bad boy up!!!! the guys who brewed trying to stop me before i shook the crap outa it!! to late.. drank it anyway.. swore off homebrew for years!!!

Yeah I am jut gonna cold crash this thing for a couple days. I want it cloudy not murky lol.

That's partially my fault. Too much in a single day for a novice helper I guess :)

Back