Several blow off tubes into one bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SultanOfSours

Reaction score
My friend and I are starting three different batches this weekend, and will be using blow off tubes for each (after having the airlock pop off our first batch this morning after we left it overnight).

Should we be running each tube into an individual bucket, or is it okay to run all three tubes into the same bucket?

all into one bucket is fine. Just make sure the tubes stay submerged (I use a large glass mug from the dollar store and duct tape the tube to it)

Yep all into one is fine. I use a large milk carton, half filled with star san solution.

tip, try to buy more tubing if possible, both tubes i used for my hefe are now cruddy inside....and i dont have nay more tubing!!

BUY tubing in long long diameters....clean tubing gives me such nice feeling...

tip, try to buy more tubing if possible, both tubes i used for my hefe are now cruddy inside....and i dont have nay more tubing!!

BUY tubing in long long diameters....clean tubing gives me such nice feeling...

TIP: On Cleaning Tubing
Run fishing line through the tubing, tie a piece of cloth to it and pull the cloth through the tubing using the fishing line.

Back