Setting different PSI pressures on 2 different kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I've been kegging for about 6 months, and only recently started doing soda as well; I'm now encountering an issue with setting different pressures on the 2 kegs (~30 PSI on the soda keg, 10 on the beer). Since my regulator on the CO2 tank only has 1 pressure setting, this is a pain in the neck to adjust the pressure when I need to add CO2 to a particular keg.

One of my coworkers mentioned that he had some sort of in-line regulator - where he sets the regulator on the tank to the max PSI, and then sets these regulators to the particular pressure that each tank needs. Any idea what this would be, or is there something else that accomplishes the same goal?

Cheers!

It is called a secondary regulator...

Backwall.JPG

My primary is set at around 35 PSI and the others are set at whatever I need. Currently they are set at 12, 12, 30 & 30 but can be changed on a keg by keg basis as needed.

any recommendations on vendors? I bought my kegerator conversion kit from thebeveragefactory and would prefer not to give them any further business.

Didn't like their service? I've used them a couple times but they are local so no shipping, lol.

There are many options. KegCowboy sells some nice ones but the best ones, IMHO, are from Micromatic. They are more expensive but they are better made and more responsive.

If your build is on a budget though you can get another brand for like half the price. I have one of KegCowboy's primaries and it is well put together so is a good option. I assume they sell secondaries using the same gauges too.

EDIT: Oh and micromatic is a manufacturer not a vendor. I've seen their gauges on a few different sites or I think you can buy straight from the source.

Since the conversion kit was for commercial sanke kegs (which wasn't 100% clear to me at the time, in hindsight I should have known) I ended up having to spend a lot of extra money. CO2 lines were too large, so basically useless too.

I did a quick search on kegcowboy and was only able to find primary regulators - anyone have experience with micromatic?
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-8022.html

Looks like what I need, but not sure the quality.

I got my 2-body secondary from Keg Connection. It was $75 which is one of the best prices I could find.

Since the conversion kit was for commercial sanke kegs (which wasn't 100% clear to me at the time, in hindsight I should have known) I ended up having to spend a lot of extra money. CO2 lines were too large, so basically useless too.

I did a quick search on kegcowboy and was only able to find primary regulators - anyone have experience with micromatic?
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-8022.html

Looks like what I need, but not sure the quality.

Micromatic by far better quality than any other I have used. The secondary in that photo I posted is a micromatic. You can go cheaper if you are on a budget but otherwise I suggest going with micromatic.

Back