Set screw stopped pressure creep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flexbrew

Reaction score
I was getting psi creep in my regulator. Then after cleaning it twice and forcing air thru i decided to tighten the other screw so i couldnt go higher and pressure creep stopped. I thought this set screw was so you didnt accidentaly increase pressure. Does this stop in pressure creep make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401849741.803761.jpg

My thumb is on the screw that increases/decreases psi. My finger is on the screw that goes up and down and can lock me from turning the screw w my thumb clockwise increasing the pressure. I assumed this was called the set screw and only to make sure you dont accidentally increase pressure. Im finding out that it helps keep the pressure from creeping.

Before i put this set screw all the way to the top near the screw near my thumb. It was acting all crazy.

That's never happened to me, and I do the same thing as you were doing and have the lock nut all the way out so I can freely adjust the pressure. Did you buy your reg from a HBS? I would give them a call and see if they can give you any advice or switch it out for you.

Back