Separate beer and soda kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimalDoc

Reaction score
Hey Forum,

I may have a really dumb question but I haven't been able to find my answer yet.

Is it okay to switch my beer equipment from beer to soda and then vice versa? Or should I have dedicated kegs and lines for soda. I'm upgrading my fridge to a 2 tap and thought it would be cool to run soda out of the extra tap when no beer is available so my son can enjoy as well.

Once again, sorry for the dumb question.

Not dumb.

Can be an issue depending on the soda, and the lines. Some flavors may ghost the lines. Pierre Celis wit a hint of Sasparilla anyone?

I chose to only carb water and dose the glass with an appropriate ratio of syrup. Worked well, IMO.

Not dumb.

Can be an issue depending on the soda, and the lines. Some flavors may ghost the lines. Pierre Celis wit a hint of Sasparilla anyone?

I chose to only carb water and dose the glass with an appropriate ratio of syrup. Worked well, IMO.

Thanks Gila! I appreciate the response. I'll give your procedure a try. Might be fun to add a little seltzer to my whiskey as well :)

Cheers

Back