Semi-Automated Filler/Capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmondsonm

Reaction score
I am contemplating a DIY build based on this unit:
H&B Bottler - FC1M

FC1M.jpg

found here:
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_394_397&products_id=3316

Has anyone ever seen one of this operate or have any information, operating manual, pictures etc? They want $4300 and I am thinking that it can be hand built for a whole lot less. I'd hope for around $500.

Here are their specs:
Model: H&B Bottler - FC1M
Shipping Weight: 30lbs

SEMI-AUTOMATIC BOTTLE FILLER & CAPPER

FEATURES:
pre-evacuation
co2 counter-pressure
snifting
co2 fobbing
crowning of the bottle without moving the bottle from the filler
easy clean in place process
accommodation of any bottle size from 7" tall to 12" tall and up to 3 1/2" diameter
polished stainless steel enclosure

FILL TIME:
Approximately 30 seconds for a 22oz. bottle

OPERATION:
Manual placement of bottle
Manual placement of crown
Manual control for each operation by pushbutton or control switch

Required Utilities:
Source for compressed air @ 50psi
Connection to a standard beer tank/keg, Beer line & CO2 line

DIMENSIONS:
11"W, 6"D, 26"H.

This fellow built one, looks a bit different, but seemingly doable:

This liquid filling machine for $200 ish, could be interesting to handle the volumes, but I think it uses a peristaltic pump which could be a foamy nightmare:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-Water-Filling-Bottling-Semi-automatic-Encapsulation-Machine-Pump-Screen-/261358034559

Any thoughts? Thanks-

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another that fills multiple bottles. This one is bit more manual. I watched several bottle filler videos one night:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am contemplating a DIY build based on this unit:
H&B Bottler - FC1M

FC1M.jpg

found here:
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_394_397&products_id=3316

They want $4300 and I am thinking that it can be hand built for a whole lot less. I'd hope for around $500.
Give it a try.
Mine cost me a lot more.

This fellow built one, looks a bit different, but seemingly doable:
Any thoughts? Thanks-
Looks nice.
Plain filler nothing special, no counter pressure fill and he adds carbonation drops before capping.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I'm doing a project of building a precise filling machine, that would cost around 70$, with a lcd screen and settings... just waiting for the flowmeter, it has no pump, fills with gravity and solenoid to stop the flow on time, mesured by a flowmeter, all controlled with arduino

most parts are bought on DX.com, that why it,s so unexpensive

ill post pictures when it's done

Looks nice.
Plain filler nothing special, no counter pressure fill and he adds carbonation drops before capping.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Gravity feed as well (unless that's what you meant by no counter pressure).
The Chicompany one looks like you need to manually place the cap on the bottle after filling - seems very fiddly and for close on $5k I would like to see more... but I doubt I would :D
DIY should be able to do something for a fair bit cheaper - Claudius: yours used light sensors to sense fill level - am I correct?

Back