Seeing some molds in malted barley, should I throw it all out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginnier927

Reaction score
I think it's because the temperature and humidity is high in my area and that I don't have enough equipment to control the conditions
I'm so disappointed to see some molds here but there are very small and only in some spots, should I throw it all away?

I would. It's going to seriously affect the quality of your beer. You could use storage bins of any kind with moisture absorbing packs to help stabilize the storage conditions. I'm not sure what you're able to get your hands on in your area, but rock salt, baking soda, and charcoal are good to dehumidify a bin. Any kind of plastic bin would work good so long as the lid snaps, locks, or screws into place.

I would. It's going to seriously affect the quality of your beer. You could use storage bins of any kind with moisture absorbing packs to help stabilize the storage conditions. I'm not sure what you're able to get your hands on in your area, but rock salt, baking soda, and charcoal are good to dehumidify a bin. Any kind of plastic bin would work good so long as the lid snaps, locks, or screws into place.
That's what I would definitely do next time
As for these seeds, there are only very tiny molds on some parts, the rest are clean can I only use the clean ones?

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_173532.jpg
    IMG_20230410_173532.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Back