Securing copper pipe to tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

web250

Reaction score
I recently refurbished a Danby commercial kegerator to work with homebrew ball-lock corny kegs.

I have a copper pipe around my liquid line, which I want to secure inside of the tower to keep the line cold. I did this in the last kegerator I built, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to keep it up there without it falling back down the line.

I tried duck-tape, but not even that could support the weight :cross:

Suggestions?

zip-ties? Drill some small holes in the copper pipe just big enough to accomodate the zip ties, and zip-tie the copper pipe to the liquid line(s) perhaps, or make something to hook onto the shanks???

I just used a little bit of electric tape wrapped around the tubing and copper pipe. Haven't had a problem in several years since I did that.

I just used a little bit of electric tape wrapped around the tubing and copper pipe. Haven't had a problem in several years since I did that.

I think this is a good (and *duh* obvious) answer.

Thanks!

Anybody have additional ideas on this? I'm looking to have the copper tube run through a 1.5 inch PVC pipe (will be insulated on the outside) so I can also utilize a draft tower fan for tower cooking + kegerator air circulation.

Since I'm trying to blow air through as well, the friction fit idea wouldn't be able to work here. Any pictures of how others did it would be awesome!

Latest posts

Back