Secondary Regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have am working on a 4 keg keezer build. I would like to add a 3 or 4 output secondary regulator to this keezer.
Any suggestions on brand/model to utilize.

I was envisioning that too at some time in my early brewing days.
As it turns out, most beer here is being served at 12 psi, all at one temp.

Of course I'm envious of those homebrewers who actually have "the works" in place.

I've had good luck with Tap-Rite. I recommend that whatever secondary you choose should come with MFL flare fittings, not hose barbs, on the outputs.
+1 on Tap-Rite and using MFL fittings.

Let me add:
Use EVA Barrier lines for both beer and gas, along with push-to-connect fittings, such as John Guest or Duotight.
There are many threads and posts about using these systems successfully.

Kegland sells mini-secondary regulators, they connect directly in-line, but I don't know how good or durable they are.

I've had this kegco 4 gang regulator on my 4 tap keezer for 8 ish years with no issues. I wanted to be able to make adjustments without opening the lid so I just mounted it on the wall behind the keezer and ran the lines into it. This is an old pic and I have since upgraded to eva barrier lines, I'd suggest that right off the bat if I was gonna do it again.
20230802_112211.jpg

Back