Second (oops) post...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaNu1142

Reaction score
I found this forum through Google, while looking for a forum to discuss kegerators & equipment. I've never been a home brewer, but there are very few things I can think of that I'd rather be. I used to live above the Bear Brew Pub in Orono, ME, and loved the smells coming from the brewery downstairs (most days). I'm the proud owner of a home-built kegerator that will support 1/2, 1/4, and cornys, and with luck one of these days I'll make an attempt at creating something drinkable. Currently in my kegerator is Shipyard Export Ale, one of my favorites.

I created a siggy and added a profile picture, but neither show up--is this because I'm a noob?

Signature pictures are disabled, but a signature line or two or a link is fine! We had some spamming attacks a while ago, so now we require people to make a few posts and be a member for 30 days before actual pictures appear in your posts. You can still link to pictures, though, of course!

Avatars (the picture under your name in a post) are reserved for paying supporters.

Welcome to the forum! Brewing my own beer has been the single greatest hobby I've ever had. Taking a homebrew with me out in my fishing boat is my favorite way to spend a day. I'll warn you though- brewing is addicting!

Wow... nearly 5 years since my last post. My brother got me a small starter kit for Christmas & I bottled my first batch--a chocolate porter using agave nectar--last weekend. Just today, a guy I work with offered me 2 carboys & a bunch of other equipment, so I'm poking around for an American or IPA recipe! I picked up a used ball lock keg on the way home, too. I figure 5 gallons isn't much more work than a single little growler, especially with the right gear.

It only took half a decade... but I've finally done it.

Back