Seam inside new Blichmann 60qt pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North_Lakes

Reaction score
I just received 3 new Blichmann 60qt pots. I'm concerned about the seam inside the pots. One is clearly flawed and I'm going to send it back. There is a two inch edge in the seam near the bottom of the pot. But the seams in the other two pots are smooth and even, though they show signs of having been ground and smoothed (not polished like the rest of the pot).

My question is; is this normal? Should the seam be noticeable at all or am I just being to picky? And why did they put effort into making the seam undetectable from the outside when what goes on IN the pot is what's important?

Thanks in advance.

Take it up with Blichmann directly, they stand behind their product.

Hmmmm. I wonder about that. I do not have experience with their product but I emailed them 2x asking question about their product ( this was over 3 weeks ago) and never a response. I think I am going with a polarware instead. I understand that people are busy but if you cannot take the time to respond to a potential customers email what is the likelihood of post sale support? Perhaps you have to pony up before they will talk to you.

Hmmmm. I wonder about that. I do not have experience with their product but I emailed them 2x asking question about their product ( this was over 3 weeks ago) and never a response. I think I am going with a polarware instead.

That is odd. My experience with them is a response within a few hours a the most. They've always been quick to respond. Maybe you have a bad email address or something?!
:confused:

the outside is polished for the bling factor. As long welds are smooth you don't have to worry about nasties hiding in them. Anyway the boil pot would kill of anything that does get into the wort.

That being said I would expect the utmost in craftsmanship for the price they charge.

the outside is polished for the bling factor. As long welds are smooth you don't have to worry about nasties hiding in them. Anyway the boil pot would kill of anything that does get into the wort.

That being said I would expect the utmost in craftsmanship for the price they charge.

yeah what he said on a boil pot ot really does not matter but i would have too see wht you are looking at

Hmmmm. I wonder about that. I do not have experience with their product but I emailed them 2x asking question about their product ( this was over 3 weeks ago) and never a response. I think I am going with a polarware instead. I understand that people are busy but if you cannot take the time to respond to a potential customers email what is the likelihood of post sale support? Perhaps you have to pony up before they will talk to you.

Strange, I have e-mailed them a few times and recieved responses in a few hours from John himslef. I will look to see if I can find the e-mail address.

IMO, the Polarware kettles are of better overall quality. The Polarware kettles have welded ports and handles and seem to be made of a heavier gage steel, although I don't know that for certain. There's a 60 quart Polarware w/FB in my near future. I have a ten gallon one now that I have been using for almost ten years and I have been very happy with it.

Back