New Mexico SE New Mexico/ West Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingSchultz

Reaction score
Hey all!

I’ve been brewing on and off for a few years. I recently moved to Hobbs, NM and am looking for any local (using the term loosely...) brewers and LHBS.

Lubbock, Midland, Carlsbad, Roswell, even El Paso...I’m y’alls’ new neighbor! I’m looking to get brewing soon and start sharing.

The feBREWary Fest in Hobbs is coming up, too, if anyone is interested in a face-to-face beer-themed hangout!

Cheers![emoji482]

El Paso Tx. here. We have a really good lhbs. It is called El Paso Home Brew Supply. We also have a few local breweries that are doing some good things.

Im in Carlsbab ( life long ) , sure wish we had something somewhat local ..
Maybe one of you fine gentlemen will consider going into business , hint hint :yes:

Last edited:
Sry didn't realize post was over a year old , hope all you locals are doing well....

Sry didn't realize post was over a year old , hope all you locals are doing well....
Since Carlsbad turned into hell on earth we bailed out and moved to Silver City. There's not much homebrewing going on here because there's a good brewpub, but I'm in the process of starting to brew again after a year long vacation. I didn't want to have to move a bunch of beer so I drank almost everything I had on hand. Now I have a shop I can brew in. We were in Carlsbad almost 40 years but couldn't handle the traffic and the fact that someone would drill a well in the lot across the street from us-they moved the rig in the day we were packing our moving van.

I hear you buddy , C-Bad definitely took a turn for the worst since the oil field took off , the influx of people and traffic is really bad , people dying just about every other day due to accidents and the roads outside of town ...
I am part of the oilfield group and i drive those roads daily and its down right scary the way some people drive ,

Hello, I got to Carlsbad 2 years ago and I'm looking to start brewing..any clubs around that I can join to start learning the way?

I just bought a house in Big Spring. Hopefully my house in Alaska will sell soon so I can move. Any lhbs in Midland area?

Good idea, and I know the owners of Wellhead so I may have an "in" you might say. Thanks!
I used to be a consultant for Yates. Unfortunately one of the Yate's family members had a grudge against the first brewer so he finally gave up and quit. One of the issues they brought up was him selling to me, even though we were very careful to make sure the Wellhead made a quick and easy 10% profit on every sale.

Back