Scythe and Sickle Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlaxer

Reaction score
I poked around on the interwebs trying to find some kind of clone for Ommegangs scythe and sickle, to no avail. Anyone have an all-grain clone recipe or something close to it?

I've got to bump this. I had one yesterday and was blown away by this beer. It was fantastic and the head retention was unbelievable. Very smooth and flavorful beer despite having a pretty moderate ABV. I'm not sure how long Ommegang has been making it though.

I would clone this in a heartbeat.

This was first made last year, 2012, so still a fairly new beer. I'm also not sure how widely they distribute it since they put it in their Limited Edition lineup, meaning I'm not sure how many "aficionados" can get their hands on it to attempt a clone. Their website doesn't give a whole lot of info either, this is about all they give for ingredients:
Using barley, oats, wheat, and rye, we’ve brought the mood of fall to life with vibrant and flavorful passion.

Back