Sanke Weldless Bottom Drain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning a 2 vessel electric brewery, and I like the idea of bottom drain keggles for the MLT and the BK. I would like the BK drain to be "filtered" to a finer degree than a FB normally could accomplish on it's own.

I was wondering if placing a splatter screen below a FB in a electric BK would be a practical solution for capturing hot break, and possibly pellet hops.

I've been toying with this idea for a while. I like the idea of a bottom drain for the BK but then you don't get to whirlpool, and pellet hops could cause a big problem. If you use whole hops it wouldn't be too bad but then you have to try and filter out the hot break. If you give that splatter screen a shot please let me know how it works out.

Searching this forum amazes me sometimes. Is there anything someone else hasn't thought of?

I am wanting to use this setup on 2 electric keggles but the one issue I am having seems to be one others have brought up. The standard false bottom openings are to large to filter out the pellet hops and other debris.

I was playing with the idea of attaching a layer of the stainless mesh to a standard false bottom with stainless wire.

Thoughts, improvements, objections.....?

Searching this forum amazes me sometimes. Is there anything someone else hasn't thought of?

I am wanting to use this setup on 2 electric keggles but the one issue I am having seems to be one others have brought up. The standard false bottom openings are to large to filter out the pellet hops and other debris.

I was playing with the idea of attaching a layer of the stainless mesh to a standard false bottom with stainless wire.

Thoughts, improvements, objections.....?

Hop sock to contain hop debris. False bottom works flawlessly as is. That's my experience.

electrichead said:
How do you suspend the hop sock. Would it interfere with the coil?

There is a thread on it, I think lil' sparky came up with the idea. Length is adjustable.

Back