Sanke Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam78K

Reaction score
Had a question regarding a 15.5 gallon sanke keg. For memorial weekend going to try and bring this up for some fun, but was wondering, yes I do have a crapy party pump and if the beer doesn't get drank in a day it goes bad. How should you pressure the keg with a party pump? Regular sugar? Also can I brew 10 gallons and rack it into the 15.5 gallon keg when it's done fermenting or will it not pressurize right if it's not 15.5 gallons? Thanks everyone.

Lets see here... You could carbonate with sugar for sure... however you will need to make sure that you let the beer settle after transportation to said party location so you can then pull off a pint or 2 of the settled crap on the bottom...

Also do not tap this keg until right before the party... It will be carbonated even with a 5.5g head space in it... however, I would recommend still trying to find a co2 set up to distribute...

That being said, my recommendation is to go with the sugar method, but strongly advise you to find a way to pressurized and serve with C02...

Yea just really cheap right now and a keg and party tap was gave to me. I want to set up some cornelius kegs but no funds right now. So that being said I'll probably brew up three crops and use it in the keg with a party pump. Any more suggestions would be awesome.

Back