San Fran Lager + 1056 for a Cali Common

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambleside

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm short on time, so can't make a starter, but I have the Cali Common yeast smackpack and a 1056 smack pack that should yield roughly what I need for cell count.

1) Do you think this will work and still produce something close to a Cali Common? I've got the appropriate hops and grain.

2) It will be fermenting at the high end of the Cali Common yeast temp range as well :( Do you guys think this will turn out OK still? Hell, even if it isn't going to be a perfect steam beer clone, I just want to make sure I can make a decent tasting beer. Overstocked on my last order, and need to pump this brew out asap so I can clear my schedule for a few competition brews I want to do right.

Cheers!:mug:

It will likely be close. 1056 is clean, but colder temps can give it an apricot ester flavor, but it may not be pronounced. It'll be beer either way. May be the best idea ever. Only one way to find out.

Back