San Diego C02 Fills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadoHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place in San Diego that will fill tanks rather than simply exchanging them and what the price of a fill would be?

I don't want to buy a new tank just for it to be exchanged for another.

have you tried "Air Gas"? a 5 lb. fill should cost around 20 bucks. I found that some welding supply places will fill them on site for you...

Does anyone know of a place in San Diego that will fill tanks rather than simply exchanging them and what the price of a fill would be?

I've had my CO2 tank, filled at Keg N Bottle, on El Cajon Blvd.

Check that Keg N Bottle on El Cajon Blvd or Beverage Factory. Cost is around $16-$18 for a 5lb bottle. You will not get an accurate fill like you would with an exchange but it's much cheaper.

Why not just buy a used one from the guy on here? I bought my 20# tank from him June of last year and it has been great! Not to mention it was a great price (even with shipping) and Scott was great to deal with!

correction- my local airgas doesn't fill co2. I did find a local welding supply in temecula that fills onsite though. "action gas and welding supply". cost me 13 bucks...

Ouch, $13-20 to fill a 5lb cylinder? I pay $20 to fill or exchange a 20lb.

Edit: not in San Diego though.

Smoking Beaver in Escondido will exchange five pound tanks for a new aluminum one for about $25. Depending on the equipment, you may not be getting a full fill when you take it to places that will fill the tank you brought in.

Airbags and WestAir in Escondido do exchanges for C02, too, but I'd rather support Smoking Beaver brew shop, especially for about the same price and since the tank you take home is probably nicer than the one you're exchanging. Note: they don't have ten gallon+ tanks for exchange at the brew shop.

Ouch, $13-20 to fill a 5lb cylinder? I pay $20 to fill or exchange a 20lb.

Edit: not in San Diego though.

$20 bucks for 20 pounds sounds nice. Maybe the hydroponics shops in San Diego have cheaper gas to be found...but I have a hard time finding 5lbs. for less that $20.

I have gone to beverage factory for refills. $20 for a 5# fill. They were nice enough to give me a free refill when I came back the next day after finding a leak and an empty tank.

Hydro shops are much cheaper for an exchange but they typically only do 20lb tanks. Got my last 20lb tank exchanged for $16 in san diego. It sucks paying more for a 5lb exchange/refill but oh well. I'm thinking or running paintball tanks and refilling from the 20lb. Anyone have any experience doing that?

Back