Sam Adams New Beer 2010-2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
So I just finished working a party that was sponsored by sam adams for october fest...They had a Rep named john who talked for a hlaf hour about topics such as ingredients, beer styles, yeast, there "Custom Glasses" and the new beers they have coming out...

Im sure you have heard of sam adams Utopia's but here are two others you may of not heard of...I sure know I haven't but Im not there biggest follower. I just like there lager and Octo fest.

First they have a new Pale Ale called "Lattitude 48" that should be hitting stores tomorrow the (15th)...He said look for it in Albertson's, then they will branch out to other various locations...I recently read some reviews on this @ beer advocate, but have not yet tried it.
images.jpg

Next beer he was super enthused about....He says they spent over two years creating the recipe. It is called Infinium, and is suppose to be a super light beer with a very high Alch. Content. He says it almost taste like champagne...If your a girl you may like this, I think he may have been exaggerating a bit to get the girls to want to try it. Even then it should be an interesting beer...He says its brewed with fruits and some specialty malts...But it looks like a light beer, so Im "guessing" there aren't any darker malts in it...
Infinium-bottle1.jpg

I tried to listen as much as I could but he took forever and I was working...half the time his presentation was filled with Uhh's, and Umm's. Anyways I hope you guys can find this somewhat interesting. Cheers :mug:

I forgot to mention I grabbed like 6 mugs and a couple hefe lookin glasses while I was there...I think the hefe's might have been rentals. Ooops! Im drinking my Amber out of a mug as I write. (sip, sip) Ahhhh!

photo-1-1.jpg

Couldn't resist heres a pic...I know its an october fest glass...but my amber will have to do! Cheers

Lat 48 has been out for awhile...When I was up in N. GA on Vacation in July I picked a Sam Adams sampler pack and it was in there!

It's one hoppy brew...Good though....If you like Lat 48 try Noble Pils!

Been out for about a year in MA. I picked up a six pack when it first came out and thought it was a decent brew.

I think the Latitude 48 was available in the summer sampler packs nationwide earlier this year, but I had never seen it in 6ers until yesterday.

Latitude 48 was first brewed by them in 2009 -- I'm glad they keep bringing it back though, it's a Year Round brew now according to them.

The Infinium sounds interesting. I had the Latitude 48 in a sampler pack back in June. I was in South Carolina at the time. It was ok. Not great but I wouldn't cringe at the thought of drinking it again.

Infinium is a collaboration beer with Weihenstephan and part of a three beer series they're doing together. Should be interesting.

Damn I feel stupid for not knowing...I don't ever buy their sampler packs though. Maybe The 6rs is what he meant buy them being in stores tomorrow. Either way I haven't tried it...did anyone know about Infinium already?

Infinium is a collaboration beer with Weihenstephan and part of a three beer series they're doing together. Should be interesting.

This is true he said weihenstephan came to them wanting to colab...that says allot being the oldest brewery, I am going to try it, along with a bottle of Utopias ASAP

Damn I feel stupid for not knowing...I don't ever buy their sampler packs though. Maybe The 6rs is what he meant buy them being in stores tomorrow. Either way I haven't tried it...did anyone know about Infinium already?

I knew about both, but I read beernews.org everyday :D

My LHBS didn't carry it and they have a big selection...neither did albertsons or any small liquor stores! Maybe in the 909 they had em but not way south where I live.

Maybe I'll have to start checking these sites regulary to keep up on the ongoing craft brewery scene...I was excited haha hope you guys still found this humerous and somewhat interesting.

Could be these are just new to California. I don't think I've ever seen either of these.

+1

I think your right...and if they have been out maybe now they are distributing it allot more...6rs now in grocery stores! I'll be going by albertsons today just to check and see if its there. As far as buying it I'll probably stick to another IPA more worthy of my taste buds.

And you haven't seen Infinium because it's not on the market yet...

I was recently at a brewfest here in Buffalo NY and I had a chance to speak with the Sam Adams rep that was there. They had 2 new beers they were trying out - I think one was a brown, the other I can't remember (maybe a Pils?). Either way, the winner of their taste test was going to be in a new mix pack. I tried both, they were both good - neither were my favorite compared to the other Sam Adams beers, but both good.

What I found more interesting though.... I know I'm the exception to what most people feel about this, but I LOVE Cranberry Lambic - it might be my favorite beer.... either way, I asked him why they don't sell that separate from their winter pack. He told me they were going to be selling that in 6 packs this winter - I can't wait!

I was recently at a brewfest here in Buffalo NY and I had a chance to speak with the Sam Adams rep that was there. They had 2 new beers they were trying out - I think one was a brown, the other I can't remember (maybe a Pils?). Either way, the winner of their taste test was going to be in a new mix pack. I tried both, they were both good - neither were my favorite compared to the other Sam Adams beers, but both good.

What I found more interesting though.... I know I'm the exception to what most people feel about this, but I LOVE Cranberry Lambic - it might be my favorite beer.... either way, I asked him why they don't sell that separate from their winter pack. He told me they were going to be selling that in 6 packs this winter - I can't wait!

I tried the Cranberry Lambic for the first time last year. It wasn't great, but not as bad as I was expecting after all the negative reviews.

I still want to try a Peach Lambic...I saw one but cant remember the maker. I'm not the biggest fan of fruity beers, but i have a ton of peach puree in my freezer waiting to defrost and be made into liquid gold.

I'm getting a weird taste from almost everything I've had from SA the last few months... I dunno if it's diacetyl or some type of packaging issue, but it's the same flavor in all of them.

I am working through a 12 pack harvest sampler right now, and the O-fest, Dunkelweizen, and Irish Red all have the same weird off flavor at the end of the taste...

Shame, I'm their biggest fan... :(

This happens to wines quit often...May have been something with bottling. (check the Exp. Date) Back in my Stella Years I noticed a batch that tasted like Pennys/Copper. I had a hard time drinking one after that. Now days I wont touch the stuff unless its my last resort.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just noticed my local grocery store has the Infinium. Has anyone tried it? It's about $17 a bottle, so I'd like a few opinions before I buy it. Might get one for our anniversary though.

I went in on a case with some friends, I have 4 bottles @ approx $15 Each. Will this beer age well? I sort of want to drink 2 and save two to drink a year apart. Any thoughts?

Back