Sam Adams Hopology Deconstructing Lat 48

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
Anyone had this, just bought it and looking forward to trying out the diff hops. I wish more breweries would put out these kinds of 12 packs, very informative and tasty fun. I know Dark Horse has a 12 pack out where they took the grain bill for Crooked Tree and hopped or SMaSHed it into 3 diff beers, One with Apollo, one with Falconers Flight and one with Cascade, haven't bought it yet but it's on the list.

Just having my first one from the 12 pack now. Not a huge fan of the regular Latitude 48, but thought this would be a good way to get a chance to taste a variety of single hop beers. For education.

My wife and I lined up all 5 hop beers and did a flight. I gravitated to the Mosaic and Simcoe as I love those hops anyway, the Zeus def gave the piney resonous taste they describe on the bottle the German hops were very mild and almost subdued. I also thought its a pretty malty grain bill which I'm not a total fan of but it was a fun experiment. We then mixed the Simcoe bottle with the Mosaic and both agreed it was a great IPA with just two hops. It was a fun experiment all in the name of HB science. lol

I'd like to pick a pack up to try. There are a few hops that I can pick out pretty easily, but some of the others I'm not as familiar with and would like to try out.

Latest posts

Back