Salted Caramel Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rish

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Salted Caramel Cider
4.5 gallons Aldi apple juice
1 pack S-04 yeast pitched at 68*F
1 teaspoon Fermaid O

Ferment at 66 to 68*F

After 1 month, sg = 1.004

Bottle with 3.6 oz table sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice boiled 15 minutes, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 14 oz sugar free caramel syrup (made to add to coffee). Had a little of the artificial sweetener taste to begin but with time that has faded. Turned out to my liking and I will make it again.

Looking forward to trying this one out. Thanks, Rish. Quick question—you’re recipe says to boil 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 3.8 oz table sugar for 15 min. Am I Reading it correctly? I haven’t tried yet, but it seems like 1/2 tsp lemon juice wouldn’t be enough liquid to dissolve the sugar. Do you also add water? Thanks again!

Looking forward to trying this one out. Thanks, Rish. Quick question—you’re recipe says to boil 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 3.8 oz table sugar for 15 min. Am I Reading it correctly? I haven’t tried yet, but it seems like 1/2 tsp lemon juice wouldn’t be enough liquid to dissolve the sugar. Do you also add water? Thanks again!
So sorry for not seeing this earlier. Boiled in 1.5 cup of water.

Wow, this is good! Had a few people taste test it for me as well. One thought it was a tad too sweet; another thought it was great, but would be better for cooler weather (it’s in the 100s here); the third thought it was really good, but wouldn’t want more than one of these at a time—more like a dessert cider.
I loved it, and think it’s my second-best cider to date. I think next time I’ll reduce the flavoring to 13oz and see if that’s better or worse. I just ordered 4x caramel flavoring, so I’ve got plenty of this cider in my future. Thanks again, Rish!

Rish,

Is this all being added to the 4.5 gallons and then bottling?

"Bottle with 3.6 oz table sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice boiled 15 minutes, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 14 oz sugar free caramel syrup (made to add to coffee)."

Latest posts

Back