Sabco Brew Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just curious if anybody has one of sabco's brewpots and what they think of it? Ive been looking at the brew magic line they offer and am considering getting one soon but had a few questions about them. Can they be heated on a normal burner of do they have to be on the turkey fryer burners? If they can be heated on a normal burner is an electric burner acceptable? Also are they hard to clean or maintain? Any info on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

I use one, and love it. You'll have to use a turkey fryer, or some other type of gas burner. The bottom of the keg has a lip on it, so the actual bottom wouldn't make contact with an electric burner.

I think it's pretty easy to clean, but keep in mind they're quite a chunk to lug around.

Well, the setup I've got currently is the one in my gallery. I do need to do some upgrades to my kettle, though. I've got the parts, just need to quit being lazy.

What about any other supplier of brewpots? Im looking for a high quality stainless steel pot that preferably has at least a drain valve at the bottom. I would like to have a thermometer fitting as well but not as much as the drain. Anybody know where to find the best deals on brewpots as far as quality and price? Any info would be great. Thanks

Oh and to start with i plan on working with extract kits and such for a 5 gallon batch, but going bigger wouldnt be bad either. Thanks again.

Back