SA latitude 48 yummy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppymonkey

Reaction score
Had one last night, very tasty hop combo. Anyone else tried it. As always they give a good bit of info on their site, but they are short a IBU count. ANyone got any ideas? Not sure I'm going for a clone here, but maybe closely modeled after the real thing

Been wanting to try one, but don't buy much beer lately. Might have to go seek it out if the reviews are good. Though I doubt it's dry hopped with Columbus and Amarillo... :tank:

Delicious beer - I just attended a Sam Adams brewery event which paired a ridiculous number of their beers with local foods. I also was lucky enough to do a tasting in the Barrel room with one of their brewers, which included, among other things, Lat 48 and Utopias.

We asked about the hop varieties, but my memory of this point forward is very hazy because hey, 2 and a half hours in to unlimited Sam Adams and food pairings does not a sober man make. I am positive that it includes East Kent Golding, Simcoe, and Ahtanum. I believe Hallertau was the German hop but I'm not 100% on that.

Tried some of the Latitude 48 last weekend and results were a mixed bag for me. The color of the beer was a beautiful shade of copper, I'd love to attain this in my next Pale Ale. The malt flavors were very nice and not overshadowed, maybe British Crystal. Unfortunately being an IPA, the hops are where it feel apart for me, very cheesy flavor and aroma I suspect heavy on EKG, reminiscent of leaf hops past their prime. I think this could have been a real winner with a different hop selection.

Agreed, I wasn't a huge fan of this beer. But then again, the only Sam Adam's I've enjoyed in a very long time was the Noble Pils.

Delicious beer - I just attended a Sam Adams brewery event which paired a ridiculous number of their beers with local foods. I also was lucky enough to do a tasting in the Barrel room with one of their brewers, which included, among other things, Lat 48 and Utopias.

We asked about the hop varieties, but my memory of this point forward is very hazy because hey, 2 and a half hours in to unlimited Sam Adams and food pairings does not a sober man make. I am positive that it includes East Kent Golding, Simcoe, and Ahtanum. I believe Hallertau was the German hop but I'm not 100% on that.

So youre one of the bastards that one that raffle! Awesome event.
Food pairings bit of a stretch IMO. I really loved that new weizen they had, although they might not mass produce it.

As for the IPA, it'll be a good mainstream IPA, like an entry level IPA. But I'd prefer something a bit stronger like the torpedo IPA.

I enjoyed the Latitude 48. I'm not able to find it at any local beer store, but I did managed to find some at a Sam's club.

Back