Rose Hips in a wheat beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck137

Reaction score
Anyone ever try adding 3 oz of rose hips to the last 10 min of a fairly standard wheat beer?

Was just thinking of something to shake up my regular wheat beer and make it different for summer? Or are "rose hips" more standard in a regular blond ale?

Cheers!

Any results?

My youngest son and I went and gathered some wild prairie rose hips for a Belgian-Blonde-type beer that I plan to make next spring. I gathered about 2 cups of them, but am only making a gallon of beer.

They were dried on the plant, but had a very good fragrance and flavor, kind of a mix between apple and rose. I gave them a quick rinse in warm water, and they are currently in the freezer in a zip-lock bag with all of the air squeezed out.

Any insights would be appreciated -

Ron

I must admit I talked with a friend and ended up using hibiscus instead... which worked well and I have done twice now. That being said this is still on the list to try, so would be great to hear your trial run lol. Cheers.

Back