Rogue hazelnut brown nectar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rheedia

Reaction score
I am also planning brewing the Rogue Hazelnut Brown nectar clone but I can not find the Stearns and Lehman Flavor hazelnut extract or any similar here in Brazil. What I found is a hazelnut syrup which is used in coffee shops to mix with coffee or make drinks. it has sugar on it but made with natural flavors. Do you guys think its OK to use it?

xarope+monin+de+avela+750ml

I am also planning brewing the Rogue Hazelnut Brown nectar clone but I can not find the Stearns and Lehman Flavor hazelnut extract or any similar here in Brazil. What I found is a hazelnut syrup which is used in coffee shops to mix with coffee or make drinks. it has sugar on it but made with natural flavors. Do you guys think its OK to use it?
Hi. I've used Torani Sugar Free Hazelnut syrup in a brown ale before, and it came out very good. I added it into the primary after about three days into the fermentation. Since it had no fermentable sugars (i.e. Splenda,) it didn't do anything to bump the ABV, and I would imagine the sugars in regular syrup will get fermented. I would also caution not to use too much. It doesn't take very much to add a subtle hazelnut flavor (I only added about 1.5 fl oz to 5 gallons [45ml/19L]) to get the flavor I wanted. Hope this helps.
:mug:

Back