Road trip bottle collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discolemur

Reaction score
Howdy folks!

I'm driving a U-Haul from Yonkers, NY to Tacoma, WA next week. It occurred to me that I will be driving through Madison, WI, so I might as well pick up some New Glarus Spotted Cow while I'm passing through. I started looking at the map and randomly Googling breweries by city and state looking for other local gems I could pick up along the way, but realized the forum hive mind probably has a way better sense for it than I do. If there's a great Michigan beer I can't find in WA or NY but can find in Fort Wayne, IN, I'd love to hear about it! Not looking for the beer to tell a story -- I just want some beer I might be able to pluck along the road that I might otherwise have trouble getting my hands on. I'm driving, so I'm mostly looking for bottles I can buy at a grocery store and drink later, but I could make a few exceptions if I end up spending the night near a brewery that only has taps.

Here's a Google map of the route I was thinking:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Yon...2!2m2!1d-122.4442906!2d47.2528768!2m1!2b1!3e0
Basically I'm taking the toll-free through NY, NJ, PA, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, MT, ID, WA.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

A 20-30 mile detour off your route would get you near Doylestown, PA, where you can allegedly find Russian River beers (Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, etc.). There's a whole page of places in PA where you can buy it, according to a thread that was posted a few weeks ago. I did a quick search but came up crickets. YMMV if you're interested.

Edit: Found some info on the Russian River website under: "Where to Get Our Beers" link.
Who'd of thought you could get Pliny in PA?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back