Road trip beer haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
Well, I spent the last week on a road trip with the wife and our 16-month-old daughter.

After trying out a few brews that were local to the areas we visited, I realized we were going to be taking I-90 through Minnesota and Wisconsin as we headed back to Michigan. I just happened to be wearing my Spotted Cow t-shirt and decided we needed to stop and pick up some New Glarus beers while we had the chance. The plan was to stop somewhere just barely into Wisconsin in hopes of maybe also finding some Surly brews.

Well, we didn't find any Surly, but we found plenty of other things I can't get here in Michigan and the wife actually encouraged me to snag more than I was originally willing to pay for. :tank:

New Glarus
Spotted Cow
Dubbel
Back 40 Bock

Summit
Saga IPA

Tallgrass
Velvet Rooster
Oasis
Buffalo Sweat
Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat

Alesmith
X Extra Pale Ale

Also, on the drive out, we had stopped at Greenbush along I-94 and I enjoyed a flight that included a tasty beer that they called a Red Pale Ale, named Postcards From Dongola. And while in the quad-cities, I tried some Great River Brewery beers - the Farmer Brown Ale, which was absolutely delicious, and the 483 Pale Ale. While we were in Iowa, I had a bottle of West O's Smoked Red, and picked up a 6er of Backpocket Brewing's Slingshot Dunkel.

AND, I shared some of my homebrews with friends along the way.

All in all, it was a great road trip. Tonight, I've cracked open the Alesmith X and one of the Summit Saga IPAs - very tasty. I figured I'd work through the hoppy beers first while they are as fresh as possible before moving on to the other maltier styles.

Sorry, I don't have any questions or advice that could be helpful for others. I just wanted to share my excitement in trying some beers that I couldn't otherwise get me hands on. :D Thanks for understanding.

If you happen to come through the Quad Cities again, I recommend trying Bent River Brewing Co. Their Uncommon Stout is an awesome coffee oatmeal stout, as well as tasty seasonals as well. I prefer them to Great River, but that's my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The place we went had Bent River as well. My brother lives there, so I'm sure we'll be back at some point. I'll have to remember to try that one.

Back