RIMS help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappell

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After lots of reading on HBT I picked up one of BobbyMs great RIMS tubes and put together a PID controller. Tested it with water and it works great. The one piece of info I haven't found is what you put on the end of the hose as it returns to the mash tun. Do you use a setup like a a large arm? Can someone help me out?

Like every aspect of this hobby, there are as many ways to do what you're asking as there are brewers :)

Personally, yes, I return via a Blichmann AutoSparge, the same one I use to sparge when I'm done.

I'd think any option that returns the wort at/near the top of the tun with a minimum of splashing/aeration would be just fine.

I've never heard of anyone not being happy with this solution:
mashtubes_med.png

http://brewhardware.com/accessories-62/114-mashtube

I had the same response when I bought my RIMS tube from him. I bought a control box that was too compact to add onto later. So I wanted to do it right the first time, and rather than buying a bigger box (I like the very compact size I have), I went back and bought a second pump and element housing to support my electric HLT. The snow storms have been delaying my second PID delivery though. I plan to use a camlock tube connector through the lid, but maybe I should look into loc-line.

Back