Rig to hold oxygen tank, regulator, flow meter (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongoose33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using O2 to oxygenate my wort for a while now, and it always feels a bit like wrestling an octopus w/ one arm. The oxygen tank always wants to tip over and the regulator only gives me a crude way of feeding the proper O2 to the wort.

I bought a flow meter to help with the feeding of O2, but wanted a way to hold all that and not have it fall over. A certain amount of beer-fueled thinking led to this:

The tubing from the regulator feeds the bottom of the flow meter; the tubing from the top of the flow meter is long and I attach the aerating wand to it.

Used it today for the first time. I ain't a going back!

oxygen1.jpg

oxygen2.jpg

I can totally relate to that wrestling match. I may try to find a large enough cup holder to clamp to my brew cart. Or now that you have me thinking about it, I have some 3 and 4" pvc scraps; one of which would probably work.

Im looking to get a flow meter for my oxygen tank as well. However, I'm not 100% positive but I think the barb coming off of my regulator is smaller than the barbs on the flow meters. What regulator are you guys using on your oxy tanks?

This is the flow meter I'm using; my original one went to 10lpm, which was not allowing fine enough control. I swapped it with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0UWZ2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's the same one I have. You really need the ability to go low on the flow; I find to get bubbles just reaching the surface, I'm at 0.1 Lpm or less! (Today is one of those mysterious days I just can't get pics to post here or I'd show my rig.)

Back