Rhizomes to share in Chicagoland?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexIowan

Reaction score
I had two years worth of good Centennial and modest Willamette growth in my backyard. I stupidly put down some weed killer to take out some Creeping Charlie late last Fall, and well, I think I killed my hop vines.

If anyone has some extra rhizomes to share or trade for beer, please let me know. I'm interested in German and English varieties (or American substitutes) that grow well in northern Illinois like Sterling, Santiam, Willamette, Golding, etc. and/or Centennial and Cascade.

I live in the western suburbs but work in the northern suburbs and am willing to drive a bit.

Thanks!

I can't help with the rhizomes, but I'll just say that since you're in Downers, you should pop into Emmett's at 7:00 on the last Tuesday of each month for the home brewers group. Small group but nice guys, and great beer!

I'm seeking rhizomes too, but will probably just order online since local seems unlikely.

Back