Rhizomes in the frig... will they be ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

1.5 to 2 years ago I purchased some rhizomes from HalifaxHops. I planned on planting them then but things changed, I needed to get out of renting & bought my 1st house last June.

I've kept them in a zip-lok bag with a moist paper towel since.... should they be ok? I have a place ready for them but don't want to waste time putting them in & having nothing happen. Or should I just get new rhizomes?

Hey all,

1.5 to 2 years ago I purchased some rhizomes from HalifaxHops. I planned on planting them then but things changed, I needed to get out of renting & bought my 1st house last June.

I've kept them in a zip-lok bag with a moist paper towel since.... should they be ok? I have a place ready for them but don't want to waste time putting them in & having nothing happen. Or should I just get new rhizomes?

I'd be surprised if they didn't rot after all this time. If they are not rotted, they may be ok but I would just get new rhizomes.

Mrs Yooper, you were correct. I went to put them in the ground and they were hollow like and drooped right in my hand. new ones have already been ordered! :rockin:

Back